Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gift Guide for Guys

Ah! I keep falling so behind on my blogging! I've got finals coming up, so as soon as those are over I think I'll have a lot more time.

Since I seriously contemplated being a personal shopper for a while after college, I pride myself on my ability to choose a good gift. As part of my holiday series here on my blog, I'm going to start off with what to get the guy (dad, brother, cousin, boyfriend/husband, friend, etc) in your life.

1. The Art of Shaving Proglide Power Shave Set ($150). If you're not familiar with The Art of Shaving products, make yourself familiar with them. These top of the line shaving and skin care products for men are truly a fabulous gift for any business professional in your life.  (photo cred: www.theartofshaving.com)

2. Echo Smartpen Livescribe ($99 for 2GB). Brother in med school? Husband works as a lawyer? Get them this! This gift doesn't have to be gender specific, either, any girl I know would be happy to receive one of these. This pen is a very unique device! It functions as an audio recorder, and also automatically records your written notes. Later, when you choose to go back to your notes, simply tap on a word (for example: "piriformis" if you were studying anatomy) and your pen will immediately skip to the part of the lecture you recorded where that word was mentioned. Aside from that amazing attribute, it also has a language translator, a piano option, and numerous other characteristics. This pen is ideal for a student, but would also be great for any working professionals who want to record meetings, affidavits, transcribe interviews, anything! (photo cred: www.staples.com)


3. Lululemon Menswear. Anyone who knows me knows how obsessed I am with Lululemon. Their workout attire is nothing short of perfection - it hugs every curve and sucks in the areas you may not want on display.  While their women's collection is extensive, their men's stuff is finally starting to catch up. Great workout shirts, boxer briefs, jackets and accessories. If any of the men in your life are fitness junkies, this is an excellent gift for them. Another awesome thing about Lulu? Their shipping is ALWAYS free. (photo cred: www.lululemon.com) I honestly cannot say enough good things about this company - quality items, friendly and helpful staff, free shipping for online purchases? Doesn't get any better than that!

4. Beer Brewing Classes. Prices will vary on this type of gift, based on the seriousness of the beer brewing. If the guy in your life loves a great microbrew or local beer, this is an awesome gift for him! Many breweries offer brewing classes that allow your guy to learn the basics of what goes into a proper brew. Plus it helps that they offer beer tastings along the way. Purchase a class for him and one of his friends, or for the two of you if you're someone who enjoys the drink as well. (photo cred: www.groupon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment