Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hellooooo 2012!

The last few months have been really hectic for me, what with traveling for Christmas and doing some crazed wedding planning while I was home. This same excuse will probably be used in the future in reference to my obvious lack of blogging. A girl's gotta have a life, ya know? Even if that life consists of watching crime TV shows on Netflix and drinking wine from Target the second I get home from work until I fall asleep.

Here's a quick update on some of my new material (because there's no better kind) possessions I have obtained in the last few weeks.


Any girl who isn't nail polish obsessed isn't a girl to me. Butter London makes this fabulous shade on the left called No More Waitey Katey ($15), which they released after William & Kate got engaged. It was really hard to get ahold of for a while, but since that whole royal wedding thing where a girl gets to become a real life princess (not fair), the shade has finally become available to most people. Deborah Lippmann polishes ($14) are also a favorite. The shade on the right, Bad Romance, is a rich purple with chunky red glitter. Many glitter polishes end up being sheer, but these two are both really opaque, which makes them very easy to both apply and remove.


My babies!! I got a gift card this year for Nordstrom and knew exactly what I was going to use it on. I've wanted a pair of Tory Burch flats for years now, but never wanted to splurge the $200 minimum for a pair. The patent leather offers a classic black ballet flat that can be worn with every day clothes for a little glamour, or dressed up to perfectly complement a chic evening outfit.


My Xmas manicure: OPI's Mod About You, a creamy pink and an unknown OPI glitter polish that my manicurist happened to have on hand. Turned out quite festive!


I love the look of colored tights. These wine colored tights from Gap are the perfect opaque-ness and add a fashionable and girly flair to any outfit. And check out my awesome shoes! I snagged these at Target just before Christmas for $24. I love finding cool shoes and bags at Target, because of how affordable but well-made their products end up being.


While I'm on I thought I'd post a quick outfit of the day. Again we have my sparkly Target flats, some Goldsign jeans I got when I interned for them in 2009, an embellished striped tank from Nordstrom and a chartreuse Halogen cardigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment