Saturday, April 21, 2012

Product Rave: St. Tropez Gradual Tanning Mousse

Back in 2008, I ignored my dermatologist and went tanning. I had just started dating my now-fiance, and he loved the beach. I, the pale ginger that I am, hated the beach with a passion but like most girls who are blinded by the lovey-dovey feelings of a new relationship, I became a beach person. Granted, I took some precautions - I chose a high end salon with a special bed that allegedly blocked the "bad" UV-rays and let in the "okay" ones--like that's real a thing.

Redheads don't tan the same way the rest of you people tan. Instead of a nice tan color, I turned a deep, deep reddishy-bronze that left people confused on what my heritage was. "Are you Armenian?" one man asked me. I'm sure not. "You look sunburned", my fiance commented. This is all for you, buddy!

Finally, I gave up the death beds when I developed a weird black spot on my face that turned out to be nothing. But it was enough to scare me off tanning (and the sun for that matter) for good. I've tried various self-tanners but have always been turned off by the smell. I took a leap of faith with St. Tropez's Gradual Tanning Mousse and have loved the results!

It gave my skin a natural, warm glow that resembles a legitimate tan. The mousse is incredibly easy to use and is practically streak-proof. It smells pretty similar to Betsey Johnson's original fragrance, which I love, so I can actually slather this on before leaving the house and not have to worry about smelling funny.


Bottom line: Great product, relatively well-priced ($40), doesn't have the gross self-tanner smell



No comments:

Post a Comment