Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Few Of My Favorite Things

1. The Portland Juice Press. This joint recently opened in SE Portland and I've been going as often as my wallet allows me. There's just something about a fresh squeezed juice that's so refreshing. This pear and ginger concoction was seriously delicious

2. Starbucks red cups. I've tried to stay away. Living in Portland, with all the local coffee houses and Stumptown coffee abundantly flowing, it's a cardinal sin to go to Starbucks. But let's be honest, their seasonal drinks are just to die for. I'm partial to a chai eggnog (not on the menu - order one and you'll be hooked). Recently, I took my lil guy through with me and the barista's were so charmed with him they gave him a short cup full of whipped cream.

3. Fun books about your city. While I was perusing a local bakery before brunch (I know) I found this cute book called 100 Best Places to Stuff Your Faces chock full of the greatest restaurants, food carts, and coffee houses in Portland. Skimming through, I noticed several restaurants my husband and I have either been to, or put on our list to visit, so I knew I had to buy it. We break it out when we have guests in town.

4. Family time. My mom, brother, aunt and cousin came up to visit me a while back and we had a blast! We did some Christmas shopping, eating, and spent some quality family time together. We always enjoy an evening chatting and sipping champagne just the two of us. Words can't describe how much I love her!


No comments:

Post a Comment