Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Top Four Fragrances Of All Time (so far...)

I've been thinking about fragrances a lot lately...this happens to me when I'm running low on perfume - which rarely actually happens because I generally have 10+ bottles in my armoire. Some people have their signature fragrances, or their one bottle - and I'm just not one of those people....it may be be rooted in an inability to make up my mind, or simply the fact that I'm noncommittal. So without further ado, here are my favorite perfumes of all time!

1.  The original Juicy Couture perfume. Released in 2006 (or 2007, not quite sure), I snatched this perfume up the second it hit stores. While I love all of the Juicy fragrances, you just can't beat the original one, a mandarin-based scent. I get compliments every time I wear it, a tell-tale sign you made a good choice. (Photo cred: www.juicycouture.com)

2. Balenciaga. It was a long time coming for this design house to release a fragrance, and they didn't disappoint. Though, like the original Vera Wang scent, it can be deemed "mature", there's just something about the scent of violets that I can't walk away from. Everything from the bottle to the box was meticulously designed and executed. Though I only wear it for special occasions, Balenciaga is the one fragrance I display in my bathroom or on an end table. So beautiful! (Photo cred: www.nordstrom.com)

3. Hermes eau de Marveilles. This perfume never fails me. My dear friend Andi purchased it at an Hermes sample sale in NYC a few years back and I couldn't stop thinking about it after I smelled it on her. When we visited Europe in 2009, I made sure one of my first stops in Paris was at Hermes. Since then, I've purchased a bottle for my mom for Christmas, and had strangers on the street and random co-workers stop me to ask what I was wearing. A very light, citrusy fragrance that reminds me of clean laundry (expensive clean laundry). (Photo cred: www.polyvore.com)

4. I've always loved gardenia, and Marc Jacobs original scent is no exception. A staple for me since 2005, I can't say enough good things about this perfume. Feminine, light, great lasting power, elegant...I just love this perfume. Makes for a great every day scent. (Photo cred: www.sephora.com)


What are your favorite perfumes?

No comments:

Post a Comment