Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

I posted some pictures a while back of my baking bonanza with my neighbor Kayla and got some requests for the recipe.

Nothing screams fall more than pumpkin, and Pinterest has been full of cool new recipes and fall decor. Kayla and I got together a few weeks ago to bake and she shared her aunt's pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe with me. It was a huge success both at home and at work, so I thought I'd share the recipe with all of you!


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned is perfect)
- chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350

Mix together dry ingredients and wet in separate bowls. Slowly mix in dry ingredients to your combination of shortening, water and pumpkin. Mix well. Add chocolate chips as desired (I found 1/3 of a bag to be perfect, but if you like it extra chocolaty, go for half the bag) and stir in with a spoon. Grease a basic loaf pan and bake for one hour. Test with a fork or tooth pick after one hour to make sure it's baked all the way through.

It's seriously one of the easiest recipes ever! Plus, your whole house smells like yummy pumpkin the rest of the day. Happy Fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment