Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Funfetti Deliciousness

If you don't like funfetti cake, then just please....like, stop knowing me.

Pinterest has once again given me the recipe to a new Holy Grail of desserts - Funfetti Cheesecake Bars. Kayla and I had our little baking adventure again this weekend, and I thought this would be the perfect recipe. I'd never made cheesecake of any sort before, and I was amazed at how easy it was!!



I followed the photo I pinned over to this rad blog, Megan's Munchies, and copied her recipe. For ease's sake I'll retype out the recipe here, but know I got it from her first guys!

Ingredients you will need:

- One box funfetti cake mix

- One container of funfetti frosting

- 2 packages of 8oz. cream cheese (I used the 1/3 fat ones, but you can do whatever you want)

- 3 eggs

- 1/2 cup butter



Recipe:

- Mix dry cake mix and the butter (softened) together until it's nice and crumbly. Measure and set aside 1 cup of this mix.

- With the 1 cup set aside, pour the rest of that mix into an ungreased 13x9 inch pan. Press the mix with the back of a spoon to make the "crust". I found the spoon worked wonderfully, but you can use whatever you want.

- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese and the frosting. Beat until smooth. Next, beat in eggs until everything is well blended. Lastly, stir in the funfetti sprinkles (unless your sprinkles come pre-mixed in the frosting container).

- Pour mixture over your crust and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of crumbly cake mix.

- Bake for 45 minutes (42 if you use a dark or nonstick pan - which I did and it turned out perfect). Let bars cool completely and set in the fridge to chill for 2 hours.

- Cut into whatever size bars you want and keep refrigerated until serving.


This recipe was a HUGE hit with the husband, friends, and classmates. Make these as a dessert for your next BBQ or party and I promise you people will be chasing after you for the recipe. 

Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment