Thursday, August 18, 2011

Enduring Love - A Film Review


Like most females on the planet, I'm all for a Daniel Craig film. When I randomly stumbled across a preview of his 2004 movie, Enduring Love, (which I'd had no idea even existed) I was intrigued.

Based on the novel by Ian McEwan (with whom I have a love-hate relationship; love = Atonement and hate = Cement Garden), the film revolves around a freak hot air balloon accident on a given day, and the events that happen afterwards that tear a man's (Craig) life apart. While Craig and the extremely creepy Rhys Ifans gave gripping performances, the movie itself left much to be desired. Predictable at best, I'd say.  Even the lovely score and cinematography couldn't save the plot of this thriller and I can't help but wonder if they spent just a tad more time on the screenplay, if it'd been more engaging, as the whole thing felt a bit rushed.

I say if you've got Netflix, give it a whirl. It's worth a shot if you're into the more cerebral thrillers.

*On a side note, if you're into film scores and wonderful, wonderful cinematography PLEASE do yourself a favor and watch Mister Lonely, featuring Samantha Morton (also in Enduring Love). AMAZING film.

-Photo cred: www.ianmcewan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment