Monday, August 22, 2011

The Pages I Turn, August 2011

I'm an avid reader. To me, there's no good excuse to not have your nose in a book even just for a few minutes a day.

After a brief stint working at Borders, I used my discount to stock myself up on books that would probably last me a year or so. I'm currently working on Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis. You know, the guy who wrote American Psycho? That's the only thing people remember him for these days.

Ellis quickly became one of my favorite authors after I first read Less Than Zero, a nihilistic look at a group of twenty-somethings living in Los Angeles. While his approach to writing isn't necessarily everyone's favorite, his talent as a writer can't be denied.

If you get the chance to read one of his books, I highly recommend it. Less Than Zero may be the least offensive of all of them, so pick it up if you're ever looking for a good read! And if you're a perv like me, then get American Psycho -- it makes the movie look like the Bible.

Happy reading, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment