Monday, July 2, 2012

Manicure Monday: 3D Holographic Nails

It's no secret I have a nail polish addiction - and this Monday is no exception. Today I have on the wonderful Deborah Lippmann's brand new holographic polish in the shade Sweet Dreams - a bright, uber-sassy pink.

The formula for this polish is thick and difficult to work with, which I have to imagine has something to do with it being "holographic". The polish dries quite rough and is very opaque (which makes it hard to wear on top of or with other polishes, but is great on its own) and I wasn't sure I liked it the first day or two. In the right light though, you can really see the holographic detail. I can honestly say I've never owned a bottle of polish quite like this one.

It's a fun change from your basic nail polish, but I'm not totally convinced it was worth the $18. On the bright side, the thickness/lumpiness of the polish makes it practically chip resistant.


(The second shade in her 3D Holographic collection, called Ray of Light. See it, here. Photo from Nordstrom.com)


Photos truly don't do this polish justice, so if you get a chance to see it in person, try it out.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment