Saturday, July 21, 2012

Weekend Favorites - Summer Edition

Hi! I've been horribly neglectful of the blog lately. School has become a front-runner and the rest of my life has fallen by the wayside. This weekend is my good friend Meag's wedding and I'm so looking forward to sharing the day with her and her new husband tomorrow in Eugene.

Here's some fun things that have kept me busy lately.

Pretty ponytail holders from Anthropologie - perfect for keeping the hair off your neck in this hot summer weather. ($12/pack)


New breakfast joints. Our friends Anna and Jared invited us to a little place called Bakery Bar in NE Glisan. This is one of those places that makes you wish you had two (or more) stomachs. I stuffed myself on their Summer Scramble (scrambled eggs, caramelized onions, red peppers, scallions, and chevre), with hash browns and their homemade black pepper buttermilk biscuit. Sipping on a delicious caramel latte didn't hurt, either.

Summer veggies. Nothing's better than some freshly grilled vegetables on a summer evening. We used our new cast iron grill from Williams-Sonoma (a generous wedding gift) and sprinkled the stalks with some cayenne pepper and garlic salt.

Fun summer tunes. Marina and the Diamonds have me bobbing my head in my car every morning on my way to school. She just played in PDX a week or so ago and I'm totally bummed I missed out on it.

And with that, I'm back to studying. I can't wait to post some photos of the lovely wedding tomorrow. xx




No comments:

Post a Comment