Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Day in the Life: My Bridal Shower

I'm so excited about this post, you guys! This past Saturday was my bridal shower and I have to say, it turned out to be one of the loveliest nights ever. We all gathered on the back patio at my favorite Italian restaurant in my hometown. My aunt, maid of honor, and close family friends put in a ton of effort to make sure I had the night of my dreams. The menu was fabulous, champagne flowing freely, and the cake....oh, the cake.

I'll shut up now, and just let you see some pictures.

 The lovely table settings. Ashley, my maid of honor, decorated the table with a burlap runner and a mix of succulents from a friends garden and peonies and dahlias in little glass jars. Votives were strategically placed for a soft, romantic lighting as the sun went down.

Our menu. The restaurant, an all-time favorite and my fiance's previous employer, really went all out to make sure I had everything I wanted. I don't think an empty glass touched the table once.

My BFF and MOH, Ashley!

I think peonies are every girly-girl's favorite flower. These blush pink ones were scattered all over the table mixed with dahlias and wild flowers. I made sure my seat was right in front of this lovely little bunch.

My cake! It originally came completely plain from the bakery, and my bridesmaid Tess took it upon herself to decorate it with tons of gorgeous flowers and free handed the "J&W" sign to match our custom invitations. Everything about it was classic, elegant and beautiful - not to mention tasty! I need to double check on the exact name of the cake, but it was a lovely white cake with custard and raspberries (my favorite) on the inside! I took several pieces on the plane home with me to enjoy back in PDX with my fiance.

Another precious detail my MOH didn't overlook. How cute is this?!

I had to show a picture of my dress, from Anthropologie, because who doesn't like to see what the bride wears to her events? I loved everything about this dress - the edging, the lace, the hem of the skirt - it flowed like a dream when I walked and I can't wait to find a place to wear it again!

I only included this last photo for you to see the amazingly cute garland Ashley hand made for the shower. Can this girl start up a party planning business already?!

No comments:

Post a Comment