Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Budget Buys: Skincare

Sometimes a girl's on a budget.  It may be because she's saving up for a ridiculously expensive pair of Louboutins, or she's living off student loans at the moment, or she's just trying to be a bit more thrifty with her cash. Did I just describe my life? Maybe. But are a lot of girls I know on a budget right now? Yes. It's that time in our lives where, as Britney would put it, "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman", ya know?

In any case, here are some great skin care items I've found at the drug store lately that, even if I had oodles of cash, I doubt I'd use anything else.

(Image from Dermstore)
My derm swears by Cetaphil products. You can buy them at most drug stores for around $6. If you're looking for a mild, daily cleanser, this is your best bet.

(Image from St. Ives)
St. Ives is typically known for their apricot scrub, which I also love, but this happens to be my all-time new favorite product. Maybe ever. The St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer is smooth and creamy, leaving your face and neck incredibly soft and moisturized. It fixed my dry-skin problems almost overnight. A jar the size of Texas will run you $5, and will last you forever. I've had mine going on three months and haven't even made a dent.

(Image from Drugstore.com)
An anti-wrinkle under eye cream may seem laughable, but it's never too early to start! This one ($10), by Olay, is a decent substitute until you are at the point in your life where you can afford a more expensive one, or better yet, Botox. I like to consider it a good-habit-making cream -- it doesn't necessarily do much, but it gets you in the good habit of putting a thicker moisturizer on under your eyes at night. The skin under there is so thin and delicate and loses moisture easily. This cream is rich and non-greasy. Putting makeup on over it is a breeze.

There you have it. I'll be posting more once finals are over for me in a few weeks here! xx




No comments:

Post a Comment