Friday, September 9, 2011

Fashion Friday

In lieu of NY Fashion Week, here are a few of my favorite fashion sites to go to!

Style.com - this site is wonderful for catching up on the latest runway shows. They post pictures of all the looks, plus have tons of other great features on their website. Can't say enough how much I love this site!

Who What Wear - I discovered these girls a while ago and LOVE what they do! I purchased their new book What To Wear, Where and it has tons of great ideas on how to put together outfits. Their "Look of the Day" segment is where I get some of my favorite style ideas.

Refinery29 - Any stylish girl I know loves Refinery29. Their website is similar to WWW, as it discusses trends and such, but this one goes area specific (NYC, San Fran, LA, etc.). They've got a lot of great slideshows on the cutest tights to wear for fall, or the best summer dresses to find on sale right now.

Gilt - I joined Gilt back when it was invite-only (I heard this changed...am I correct?) after being introduced by a particularly stylish friend on my newspaper staff in college. If you've been living under a rock for the last few years, Gilt is a discounted high-fashion sale site. Certain designers are featured on given dates and items are offered at a greatly discounted price. It's online, so the only downside is you may not know the correct size to order. I've purchased some GREAT jewelry from their jewelry sales (think Chan Luu, CC Skye, House of Harlow 1960).

1 comment:

  1. Dammit I tried to comment on this earlier and just realized it never worked! But anyways, I must have been under a rock because this is this first I've heard of Gilt. I'll have to check it out. My favorite fashion websites are the ones that highlight individuals closets. I love, love, love closetvisit.com (they hardly ever update, but somehow I'm still on that site everyday). I also really like thecoveteur.com. If you haven't already, you should check those out!

    ReplyDelete