Sunday, September 18, 2011

Seeing Red (and a few other colors): Fall's Brightly Colored Denim

I remember a few years ago, colored jeans were a big hit. We saw reality "starlets" and a few brave fashion forward girls sporting bright yellow or red jeans but the trend never really caught on, and before we knew it we were on to bigger and better things.

This time around, I'm pretty excited about the prospect of a colored jean. I'm partial to the red, personally, but I think the seafoam greens and the marigolds are going to look amazing on the right person.

J.Brand makes a fab pair of ankle length ones in their 811 style, a classic skinny. They come in a variety of colors and will run you around $170, depending where you shop.

(Photo cred: www.us.asos.com)

While the J.Brands are cute, I'm REALLY loving this borderline salmon-colored pair from a brand called Pilcro, carried at Anthropologie.

(Photo cred: www.anthropologie.com)

This new denim trend is a great way to mix up your wardrobe for Fall and give you an opportunity to play with different color palettes and tops. I know I'll be heading out this weekend to Anthropologie to grab myself a pair of the aforementioned jeans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment