Saturday, September 17, 2011

MAC Attack: MAC Me Over Fall 2011 collection

If you're makeup obsessed like me, you probably have to keep a close eye on your MAC addiction (or maybe you don't, and power to you!). They're constantly releasing new collections, and it can get pretty expensive. For a while it was getting so bad that I would think of ways to get the day off, or skip lunch with a friend, in order to make sure I could get THE lipstick(s) or THE eyeshadow(s) that I needed to have or my life couldn't go on.

I've since put my addiction under control and have not bought any new MAC item for over a year now! So I felt, today, that I deserved a little break from break from MAC, ya know?

I've perused the MAC Me Over collection a few times, and have ooh'ed and ahh'ed over the berry lipsticks, the cool greys and olives of the eyeshadows, so I sort of knew what I wanted when I breezed into Nordstrom.

I nabbed an eyeshadow quad called Lady Grey, a beautiful palette of a pink/nude, a shimmery purple, a heather grey, and a grey/olive shade. I'm rarely able to focus on my makeup during the week because of my job, not to mention you look a little ridic in full-blown makeup while wearing scrubs, so I was excited that I had the time and a reason (date night) to fix my face.



And since no look is complete without a nice lip, I purchased their lipglass in Good Times, a mauvey-pink (leaning more towards pink) that reminds me of a mix between their ever-popular Oyster Girl and a limited edition from FOREVER ago called Nymph.

(This photo is a little enhanced with Instagram because the color was just NOT coming up otherwise. It's a much more muted color in person)

Anyway, I just love this collection and may have to return to purchase a few of their paint pots and lipsticks I eyed on my way out. This is one of their larger collections that I've seen, so there's really something for everyone!


P.S. how cute is my new phone case?!


This is a NEARLY IDENTICAL replica of the MR DANNIJO (a collab of DANNIJO, a billiant jewelry line, and Man Repeller - she's awesome) Mus iPhone 4 case that sells for $98 on their website. I got mine for $38 in the Nordstrom accessories area. The real thing is always better, but since I'm on a budget these days, this one will do for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment