Friday, September 2, 2011

Review: Benefit "They're Real!" mascara

Makeup is always something I've adored, starting with blue eyeshadow when I was twelve. My mom never wore much makeup while I was growing up, so I didn't have anyone to really teach me the foundations. Left to my own devices, I, admittedly, made many a faux pas in my journey, but after a few years I had mastered the contours of my own face.

As a beauty junkie, I LOVE to try new products. Last month I ran into Sephora to grab a new tube of mascara and left with Benefit's new mascara, called "They're Real!". The salesgirl assured me it was even superior to the holy grail that is BadGal lash (a cult favorite). Today was my first time using it, and let me just say....I really love it!

(Photo cred: beautezine.com)

Off to the review!

I'm always a sucker for the extra cute packaging that Benefit is known for, and this mascara bottle is no exception. The wand, another important factor while choosing a mascara, is one I am partial to as well. If you've ever used Cover Girl's Lash Blast mascara, the wand for this one is very similar. Sparse-looking bristles. The sparseness is actually a good thing, because it allows for more precise coating (and also makes getting those baby lashes toward your inner eye a piece of cake!). The box instructs you to hold VERTICALLY for separating and curling and HORIZONTALLY to achieve max volume.

(My fave mascara trick: hold the wand horizontally at the very base of your lashes and shimmy it back and forth while slowwwwly drawing it up your lashes. It never fails to make lashes look amazing after nearly one coat.)

They're Real! is available wherever Benefit is sold (Sephora, Macy's, etc) and is a permanent part of their collection. A bottle will run you $22.

Bottom Line: Buy! I have a feeling this will become a permanent part of MY collection as well.

Look at the length! Those are almost cheek-grazing lashes!



1 comment:

  1. man this is great, i totally don't have mascara and have been trying to find a good one to buy. =) thanks!

    ReplyDelete