Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bad Girl! Bad Beauty Habits You May or May Not Be Aware Of...

Has it really been four days since my last post? Ugh, I'm not doing so good of a job keeping up with this blog!

Today's post is on bad beauty habits. We're all guilty of some of these and really, there's an infinite list. Some I'm not aware of and may never become aware of, and some that make me cringe when I see an offender. Here are my top BAD beauty habits, you bad girls, you.

1. Sleeping with your makeup on. This is the cringe-worthy offense. I literally cannot fall asleep without taking my makeup off. I'll lie there in bed thinking about the thick coating of chemicals on my face that is seeping into my poor, unsuspecting pores until I jump up and run straight to the sink. Please always take your makeup off before bed, otherwise you're leaving dirt, grease, and pore-clogging chemicals on your pillow for future use - not to mention the oils you secrete while you sleep just help push all that junk deep into your skin to cause acne and blackheads. GROSS.

2. Not moisturizing. I have some friends I have to beg to wear moisturizer. You may not think you need it, but you do. Moisturizer should ALWAYS be applied before wearing any makeup and after each time that you wash your face. Do your research and find a good one for your skin - even if you have oily skin you still need a good moisturizer. I used to be a product snob, and then I realized that a $20 Olay cream does the same thing as a $180 skin lightener/moisturizer that I used for a year or so (granted, I only feel this way about certain products). If you have oily skin, stick with a lighter moisturizer - Clinique makes some awesome ones. If you have dry skin, you're lucky because you can use practically any heavier (aka majority) moisturizer. I'm tired of typing the word moisturizer, so we're going to move on.

3. Rubbing your eyes. I am SO guilty of this one. I suffer from allergies on a regular basis and my eyes get puffy, itchy and watery, so I'm constantly rubbing my eyes to relieve the itchy feeling. Also, I rub my eyes when I first wake up in the morning, like most people. This is SO bad for your delicate, under-eye skin! I don't know if your mothers told you, but mine always let me know to not pull anywhere near the under-eye region, so as not to create premature wrinkles (roll your eyes all you want, they are coming for you, and they are coming soon). So let's hold each other accountable and just not rub our eyes!

4. 70s Blush/Bronzer. We have this horrible idea in our heads that people need to truly see our blush. It's not supposed to be this way! And trust me, I am a repeat offender on too much blush and bronzer. I still do it a lot for photos, as many flashes wash you out. But on a daily basis, you want to keep the blush light. This may sound like cliche advice, but nothing makes you look older or more dated than a huge swipe of bronze/pink/red from your apples of your cheeks to your hairline. Gross!

5. Touching Your Face. Don't do it! Think of all the stuff your hands come into contact with!! Gross!

Okay, so those are my biggest ones, some of which I am struggling with these days. So avoid these! And help me avoid these, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment