Friday, November 11, 2011

It's Payday! A weekend shopping haul.

I rarely purchase myself frivolous items these days. I've got more important things to pay for, now that I'm out on my own. But since I've been working a ton lately and clocking some overtime, I was ready to get myself a few things as a treat.

First stop? Nordstrom. I've been dying to try Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer. I've purchased her lip stains and lip glace's, but have never tried her face makeup. During the day, I like more simple makeup, so I had a sales associate color match me and was instantly hooked. I chose the color Porcelain, of course, their lightest shade because I'm whiiiiiiite, and loved the light and non-greasy coverage. It looked like I was wearing no makeup, but in the best way possible. They make an oil-free version as well, though I went with the original formula since my face has been quite dry since the weather changed.

(Photo cred: www.sephora.com; Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF20, $42)

While I was there, and because the sales girl looked like Kristen Wiig and I wanted her to like me, I asked her to show me these awesome Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick-esque products called Mosaic  Shimmer Blocs. The cool thing about these is that you can use the four shades for eyes or cheeks. They have four different mosaics, with four different shades in each ranging from pinks to bronzes. Just a light swipe on the cheeks made for a great natural, dewey looking sheen.
(Photo cred: www.sephora.com; Laura Mercier Mosaic Shimmer Block, Pink Mosaic, $38)

Next I scooted over to Sephora, another favorite shop, and browsed until I found some things that caught my eye.

I've always loved Marc Jacobs perfumes, and one of his scents, Daisy, is a truly standout fragrance. I've wanted it for a while, and after smelling it on one of my amazing friends a while ago, it's always been in the back of my mind. If you haven't smelled this, I suggest you try it! It's young, it's floral, and it's super sexy.
(Photo cred: www.sephora.com; Marc Jacobs Daisy, 3.4fl oz, $78)

While at Sephora, I also bought a few other things that really weren't worth mentioning - a nondescript blush brush, setting spray, etc. 

However, if you happen to have any suggestions of things to check out, let me know! I'm in a purchasing mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment