Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cooking with J.

Anyone that reads that title who knows me in person is probably laughing aloud. I've never been known to cook, I just never liked it. Since moving, and since getting engaged, I've really risen to the occasion and dived right in to cooking and I truly love it! It's something I've become really passionate about.

Anyway, I was looking through random blogs and found some awesome recipes I decided to make the other night for my super hot test subject that I call a fiancé.

The first one was from a great Fitness/Health blog I read regularly called Kath Eats Real Food. This girl is an awesome fitness inspiration and often has really cool recipes on her site. I was really struck by the Beer-Braised Cabbage recipe, as I'm an avid cabbage lovaaa. The recipe is available in the link and is super easy to make! Not to mention, the act of making a reduction sauce makes you feel like a pro chef by the time you're finished.

I followed that up with one of my fave Twitter gal's, Sharon Vaknin (@Sharonvak)'s, truly awesome salmon recipe dubbed Sharon's Soylicious Salmon. I subbed tombo, because I've never been a huge fan of salmon, but her recipe is incredible! Here is the link, you guys. Plus, it's SO much more fun to watch someone cooking on a YouTube video instead of just reading the instructions on a website.

Though I wouldn't make the two together again since the flavor profile was just too similar for my taste, these dishes are INCREDIBLE on their own. The salmon has a great tangy flavor and cooked wonderfully under the broiler. The cabbage recipe was delicious, but I would've cooked the garlic a lot less time, as mine ended up with a slightly charred taste. Needless to say, the fiancé was tremendously pleased with the meal. Happy cooking, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment