Tuesday, May 8, 2012

30 Things I'd Like To Do (and a few I already have) Before I'm 30, Pt 1:


As I hit the end of my 24th year of life, I've been spending some time looking at a few of my accomplishments. Along the same vein, I've also been spending some time figuring things out and deciding on some things I'd like to continue to accomplish. Some are serious, and some are silly. Here is the first part of my list of 30 things I'd like to do, and may have already done, before I hit 30:

  1. Be less catty: Women are practically born and bred to tear each other down. I've always admired friends who took the high rode and refused to gossip about another girl, or who always recognized the good in other people. It's not cool to be mean, and that's something I've been actively working on.
  2. Travel the world: This one's in purple because I've done quite a bit of this! Though I don't think one can ever be done seeing the world, I've certainly seen enough of it at this point to feel okay until the travel bug sets in again.
  3. Eat two Chipotle burritos in one sitting: Sounds fun, right?
  4. Run, run, run: Like math and tomatoes, running is something I've avidly avoided my whole life. I'd like to learn to embrace it and make it part of my daily routine
  5. Host a dinner party: Like, a real dinner party. With formal invitations, properly coursed meals, place cards and corresponding wines. I think the art of entertaining is somewhat lost these days and I'd love to have a group of friends that wanted to help me bring it back!
There you have it, the first five off my list of 30 things to do before I'm 30. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment