Thursday, May 17, 2012

Run For Your Life


(Photo credit: AMCtv.com)


I've never been able to get "into" running. Maybe because my high school PE coach used to tell me I should just roll over and die I was so out of shape - that kind of faith in another human being really motivates. Give me a workout DVD or spin class and I will do the shit out of those - but for some reason I can only handle like five minutes of running.

In order to try and force myself to start running more, my fiance and I signed up for the Run For Your Life 5K. If you're not a zombie loving freak like everyone seems to be these days, it's a 5K zombie-infested obstacle race. You start the run with three health flags and can pick up hidden health along the way. If you survive all the obstacles, and the walking dead, with at least one flag, you're considered "alive" and your time will count. Don't make it through? Congratulations, you're now infected.

Considering when I get frightened I curl up into the fetal position, I probably won't make it a few feet past the start line, or at least until the first zombie starts chasing me - I'm an easy target. And my loving fiance has already warned me he won't wait for me. In any case, because I'd like to say I beat this challenge like a badass, I'm going to attempt to do some training so I'm not a complete waste.

The race takes place August 4, 2012 in our area. Be sure to check out RunForYourLives.com to see if there's one near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment